Pages

Sunday, May 12, 2013

My Mother, My Life

It is Mother's Day -

Honor your father and mother. This is the first commandment with a promise. - Ephesians 6:1 -

I remember my mother’s prayers; they have always followed me. The have clung to me all my life. – Abraham Lincoln

My mother carried me into this world. I cannot remember a time during my years of growing up when she was not the central person of my world.

She and my father were my providers, protectors, nurturers, educators and the source of my faith. It was their encouragement and inspiration that prepared me to meet adulthood and responsibility as a husband, father, productive citizen, patriot and faithful disciple of Jesus Christ.

Whatever your faith and beliefs, your mother, with your father, is by definition, the source of you are! I know that God, by whatever name humans may refer to him, chose Mothers as his instrument in carrying on the labor of His creation. To this day I am forever grateful for the mother he chose for me.

The memory of my mother is forever etched in my spirit as the precious essence of beauty, love and hope.

I love you, mom.

2 comments:

  1. And a fine job your parents did, Dick! Thank you for this lovely tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Robin and I return the compliment. ERF

    ReplyDelete